The Gear Patrol Podcast is our weekly roundtable discussion focused on products, their stories, and the culture surrounding them.
We begin with a chat about vegan cars, based on a new study that indicates which automakers offer the highest number of vegan-friendly models. What does that mean, which company makes the most, and does it matter? Then an odd new product that combines audio technology and speaker design theory to produce a highly effective smell diffuser. Strange, yes, but what implications does it have in the real world? Lastly, we talk about the results of another fascinating study, this one on Google search trends that correlate with pandemic shopping trends. Have you been buying weird stuff over the last couple of years? Have we? Find out later on.
03:23 – Vegan-Friendly Cars: Which Brand Offers the Most Overall?
20:00 – What the Hell Is a Smell Speaker?
29:20 – COVID's Effect on Our Shopping Trends
Featured and Related:
- Study Finds Out Which Are The Most Vegan-Friendly Automakers – CarScoops
- Vegan Friendly Cars (original study post) – Dick Lovett
- Vegan cars: how veganism and sustainability shape the latest models – Auto Express
- Soft, warm and vegan-friendly, Volvo cars go leather-free – Reuters
- The Complete Vegan Guide to Buying a Car – LiveKindly
- Leather-Free Car Interiors Are Here, Thanks to PETA – PETA
- Cruelty-Free Cars: A Guide to Making Vegan Car Choices – VEGWORLD Magazine
- PETA and the Secret History of Vegan Leather Car Interiors – CleanTechnica
- Skoda Could Use Biological Raw Materials In Its Vehicles' Interiors – CarScoops
- Devon Turnbull: Old School Hi-fi Influencer - Resistor Magazine |
- Devon Turnbull talks Ojas speakers with Steve Guttenberg the Audiophiliac | In Sheeps Clothing
- The New Normal – Schema Design, Google Trends, and Axios
- Today in Gear: 5 Products to Know Every Day – Gear Patrol
- Garmin vívomove Hybrid Smartwatch ($180+)
- Diemme x Hiking Patrol: Roccia Vet Orange Cordura ($445)
- Hiking Patrol on Instagram
- The Leica M11: A Masterclass of Digital Photography — And Restraint – Gear Patrol
- Incense Holder – Craighill ($18)