The Specialty Coffee Association’s (SCA) holy list of certified coffee brewers has been updated.
Easily the most rigorous third-party testing program for coffee makers, the SCA’s brutal inspection and testing standards now certifies ultra-high performance in 28 different brewers — a five brewer increase since early this year, but still a small count relative to the number of drip coffee brewers out there.
What’s new? Three new brands got their first brewers on the list. Brim’s 8-Cup Pour-Over Brewer ($170) introduces a Chemex-like carafe and the first-ever SCA-approved brewer with a permanent mesh filter. Braun, a company more associated with electric razors than coffee brewing, had two versions of the same brewer make the cut — the MultiServe ($250) is a bulky, button-covered machine that, apart than quick pots of good coffee, offers options for brewing directly over ice, single-cup brewing and a handy cleaning cycle feature. Lastly, blender-famous brand Ninja released a brewer ($150) with similar features to Braun’s brewer, including single-cup brewing and a function specifically for brewing over ice.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $168 on the Penfield Schoening Fleece Jacket
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $54 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/16/19
The best way to catch up on the day’s most important product releases and stories. Read the Story