Audioengine’s HDP6s are wonderful bookshelf speakers that you can pick up for just $250 at Drop, which is $150 less than what Audioengine sells them for. The deal applies to all three finishes — black, walnut and cherry.
The HDP6 are passive versions of Audioengine’s HD6 ($699) active speakers. That means that instead of plugging each speaker into the wall and streaming music directly to them, they’re designed to connect directly to your home’s current receiver or amplifier. Each speaker has a 5.5-inch aramid fiber woofer and a 1-inch silk dome tweeter, which according to many reviews, helps them sound much bigger than they are.
Check out these reviews of the Audioengine HDP6:
• “The Audioengine HDP6 is a handsome, high-level performer for the traditionalist—the high-ender who still enjoys the rough-and-tumble mixing and matching of components. But keep in mind, the under-$1000 speaker segment is one tough neighborhood. It’s hotly-competitive and populated by the likes of Elac, Revel, Magnepan, and PSB, just for starters. Joining these ranks is the HDP6, a worthy inductee that can hold its head high in such company. And that spells even more great news for the budget-minded audiophile.” – Neil Gader, The Absolute Sound
• “So bottom line? 8/10. A solid B+. These are perfectly good speakers that sit right in the middle of the road, doing a good job, and which should satisfy anybody looking for speakers that provide solid day-to-day use. While it would be good to see Audioengine pushing the envelope in the same way that they do with their superlative wireless speakers, these are just fine.” – Rob Boffard, The Master Switch
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $168 on the Penfield Schoening Fleece Jacket
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $54 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/16/19
Deals, discounts and drops on products you actually care about and want. Curated by the Gear Patrol Editors. Start Saving
Note: Purchasing products through our links may earn us a portion of the sale, which supports our editorial team’s mission. Learn more here.