About This Role
Gear Patrol Studios, the branded content studio and creative partnerships arm of Gear Patrol, is seeking an ambitious individual interested in media/branded content and building a broad foundation of relevant skills.
The role is an entry-level position with significant opportunities to learn from industry veterans in the branded content space. A typical day will include everything from writing digital and print content, interfacing with our in-house creative team and helping prep for upcoming video production and photoshoots.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic multitasker who can handle both immediate and long-term assignments. Candidates must also be highly organized, fast learners and proactive communicators.
Like all Gear Patrol team members, the ideal candidate should be passionate about product journalism and serving our audience of smart, discerning, gear-obsessed readers.
The role will report directly to the Senior Content Manager, Gear Patrol Studios and work closely with all members of the business team.
- Write and edit GPS copy that runs across digital, print and social — maintaining a consistent voice and style across each platform
- Write and produce feature-level GPS content as well as short-form daily content posts
- Uphold GPS content mix and keep a watchful eye over how GPS content interacts with Gear Patrol editorial content
- In collaboration with design and video, write and storyboard in the pre-production stage for GPS video content
- Assist in developing new products and creative solutions for inclusion in the GPS sales bag
- Maintain and build our network of freelance writers
- Serve as an on-camera representative for GPS in both photo shoots and video shoots
- Contribute to the pre-sale pitch and ideation process when needed
- Monitor the competitive set and identify novel concepts that can be adapted and applied to GPS
- Manage day-to-day project work plans, production schedules and team workflows for GPS branded content campaigns, RFP responses as needed.
- Maintain regular writer's workshops covering common mistakes for improving and leveling up current GPS talent across pitch decks and all GPS content.
- 1-2 years of experience working at a digital media company
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and take feedback constructively
- A solutions-first approach to projects, responsibilities and challenges
- Working knowledge of content production and creation tools such as Google Apps
- Experience working in Asana a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive base salary
- Career growth & earnings aligned with your performance and desire to achieve
- Healthcare plans are fully paid for by Gear Patrol for the primary individual
- Generous PTO package
- Generous paid parental leave
- Charitable gift matching
Please send your resume, LinkedIn profile link and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading: "Associate Content Producer, Gear Patrol Studios". In your email, please also include:
- A brief introduction of yourself and why you believe you’re a fit for our team.
- Links/examples of past work or a 150-word writing sample describing one of your favorite products.
About Gear Patrol
Founded in 2007, Gear Patrol is an award-winning print and digital publication, store and content studio based in New York City. We believe that the things we create and own, as well as the habits that surround them, play a crucial role in our global culture. Products, in short, are culture. From the Model T to the iPhone, and anything before or since, products hold the power to revolutionize the way we work, relax, communicate, travel, look, learn and more.
That’s why we’re focused on something we call Product Journalism a.k.a. #ProJo. Our mission is simple. We are a team of creators, users, and enthusiasts, hell-bent on building the definitive resource for discovering products and exploring the stories that surround them. Our goals are not limited to specific platforms or mediums. We know that making essential experiences for product lovers requires leveraging the best that digital, print and social platforms all have to offer.
We hold our core values of teamwork, transparency, integrity, accountability, selflessness, and creativity above all else, and base our culture around them. Our work ethic is defined by vigor, speed, quality, and flexibility. We welcome challenges as an opportunity to reach new heights and never forget that our biggest strength is our people.
Gear Patrol is a place where amazing work happens, and the more you put in here, the more you’ll get out.
Gear Patrol strives to be a diverse and inclusive company. We firmly believe that different voices, experiences and points of view are an essential component of our current and future success. We welcome and encourage people from all walks of life to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s gender, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetics or any other personal characteristics protected by law.