The Gear Patrol Podcast is our weekly roundtable discussion focused on products, their stories, and the culture surrounding them.
We discuss Elon Musk's Tesla Robot announcement; the first aged expression of Jack Daniels whiskey in over a century; and how to be an informed consumer in the face of hugely increased marketing across popular social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok.
01:31 – Tesla Robot
18:20 – Jack Daniel's 10-Year Tennessee Whiskey
30:30 – Navigating the World of Shopping on Social Media
Featured and Related:
- Don’t overthink it: Elon Musk’s Tesla Bot is a joke – CNET
- Elon Musk's 'Tesla Bot' Is a Shitpost – VICE
- Tesla Promised a Robot. Was It Just a Recruiting Pitch? – WIRED
- Elon Musk says Tesla’s latest beta self-driving software is ‘not great’ – Reddit/CNBC
- Service Robotics Market worth $103.3 billion by 2026 – PR Newswire
- The Robots Are Coming – Inc.
- Share of US households using specific technologies, 1915 to 2019 – via Inc article
- No More Mr. Nice Robot? – Slate
- ....Boston Dynamics' lifelike $75,000 Spot robot… – Business Insider
- Invasion of the Robot Umpires – New Yorker
- Is It Time to Take Jack Daniel's Whiskey Seriously? – Gear Patrol
- An Overlooked Bottle of Jack Daniel’s Is One of the Best Whiskeys Nobody Is Drinking Right Now – Gear Patrol
- Shelf Sleepers Archive: The best booze nobody is drinking right now – Gear Patrol
- The Story Behind Genesis, The New Global Luxury Car Brand – Forbes
- How MSCHF managed to dominate the internet — with fun! – The Verge
- Mood Board to Moneymaker: How Instagram Pages Turn Into Brands – Gear Patrol
- TikTok made me buy it – The Verge
- 25 TikTok Viral Products Available on Amazon During Prime Day – Teen Vogue
- TikTok adds in-app shopping, in a partnership with Shopify – The New York Times
- Will Everything On Social Media Be Shopping? – BuzzFeed News
- Instagram Tests Ads for Shops – Yahoo!
- The future of social media looks a lot like QVC – Quartz