We write a lot. We read a lot. But much of what we discover, internally debate, or see in our inboxes has traditionally not made it out of our many behind the scenes Slack channels… until now.
What We Wrote
• Now in Patagonia’s Sale Section, the Last Jacket I’ll Ever Have to Buy — A writer finds his favorite jacket at a massive discount.
• Kind of Obsessed: This App Changed the Way I Work Out — A fitness app genuinely impresses our “low-key Luddite” fitness writer.
• The Suzuki Jimny Is the Best Bad Car I’ve Ever Driven — One week in Costa Rica with the objectively terrible but eternally charming Suzuki Jimny.
• It’s Time You Cooked with a Carbon Steel Skillet — The Lighter, Stronger Sibling to Cast-Iron — Exploring a less-popular but also less cumbersome cookware material that’s favored by professional chefs everywhere.
• Devialet Phantom Review: The Most Striking Audiophile-Grade Wireless Speaker, Upgraded and More Affordable Than Ever Before — An entry-level speaker that sounds more like the extremely high-end version, but costs less.
What We Read
• How to save save your skin this winter, via Esquire
• Behind the scenes at one of our favorite publications, Axios, via Flipboard
• Olympic fitness hacks via Valet
• An unlikely hangover cure via GQ
• Good news about Gothamist via Wired
Pro-Tip of Week
We write about the best gear deals in real time, but sometimes Amazon changes prices in real-time, too. Use a browser extension like Honey to view an item’s price history, like this Seiko, to make sure you’re getting the best deal when you shop.
Sign up for our daily newsletter here for more where this came from.