• HERE COME THE MEN IN BLACK: There’s a new job opening at NASA, and it’s almost too good (and too insane) to be true. As Planetary Protection Officer, you’d be responsible for defending Earth from alien attacks, and for ensuring no human contamination on distant alien worlds that NASA may one day explore. It’s a big task, with a salary to match: up to $187,000 per year. As for work attire, you can probably expect to wear a black suit and black sunglasses and carry around a memory-zapping pen in your chest pocket.
• YOU MISSED IT: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• MORE GEAR: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Finally, Portable Power for All of Your Devices (Including the Newer, USB-C Stuff)
Now you don’t need some clunky adapter to charge your USB-C device on the go.
Related Post: 7 Power Banks for 7 Different Adventures
Dry Rub? That’s Old News. Try Sticking Your Meat with Flavor Needles
Like doing acupuncture on your favorite cut of meat, only the needles dissolve into spicy goodness.
Related Post: 5 Hot Sauces with Cult Followings
A Crash Course in World Dominance
Get business book recommendations from the world’s most influential people, tailored specifically to your interests.
Related Post: Five Classic Books You Can Finish on a Long Flight
The Overland Adventure of a Lifetime
Five days deep in the Utah desert, tromping over scorched desert terrain and staying in a remote cliffside oasis. Is there a better way to experience Land Rover?
Related Post: The Last Land Rover Defender You’ll Ever Need
For the Most Tech-Savvy Cyclists
Years ago, a computer this powerful would’ve required a bike trailer. Now it’s smaller than your bike light.
Related Post: Crush Your Commute on One of the Year’s Best E-Bikes
Close Out the Last Month of Summer, With a Refreshing New Beer
The first new Fat Tire in 25 years, made with Seville oranges and Indian coriander.
Exclusive: The Perfect Bag Collection for Your Job and the Gym
From the Gear Patrol Store: Today we’re excited to reveal the second generation of Aer’s Active Collection. Each of the four bags, including the Duffel Pack 2, Fit Pack 2, Sling Bag 2, and Gym Duffel 2, has evolved based on feedback from customers to improve on the original.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to take advantage of a Sperry sale, and how to save on a Dyson vacuum and some Anker Bluetooth earphones.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Share Your Opinion for a Chance to Win $500
• This Man Wants to Build You a Better Jacket
• The Honeycomb Material That’s Making Helmets Better
• Jaguar Land Rover’s Restoration Shop Is What Vintage Car Dreams Are Made Of
• RED’s $15,000 Camera Kit Can Only Be Bought at Apple
• Patagonia’s New Workwear Line Is Gunning for Carhartt’s Throne
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Fincher’s New Netflix Show
Follow Gear Patrol On Instagram:
Lots to Like