• In Space, No One Can See You Strut: Elon Musk shared on Instagram yesterday the first photo of SpaceX’s long-rumored commercial space flight suit. Musk said that more details are on the way, but confirmed that the suit actually works, adding that it was “incredibly hard to balance aesthetics and function.” That would make sense — the suit looks like something straight out of a blockbuster sci-fi film.
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Zodiac Sea Wolf 53
Zodiac created this special-edition Sea Wolf 53 as a tribute to a rare colorway from its iconic ‘60s diver. The result, with its pale blue bezel and black and orange dial, is a dead-ringer for the original. The watch’s compact case — at just 40mm in diameter and 11mm thick — certainly helps bring that vision to light, as it calls to mind the smaller tool watches of the mid-20th century. But the movement is all new: an automatic STP 3-13, certified to the COSC’s stringent standards for accuracy. That’s a lot of watch for the money.
Away Packing Cubes Set
Rashida Jones packing cubes? An odd collaboration, no doubt. And yet a great one.
Western Digital My Book Duo 20TB Desktop Hard Drive
A staggering 20TB of storage. That’s enough space for, like, one season of Game of Thones.
New Custom Engraved Wooden Map Luggage Tags
Select your own little slice of whatever city you call home (you can even zero in on your exact GPS location); then, choose between roads or a topographic map. On the other side, add your name, address and whatever else. Available in maple, cherry and walnut.
Best Made Co. German Kitchen Knife Sets
Crafted by master German knife makers, using Japanese methods that have been refined over generations.
Patrón Extra Añejo
Patrón’s first new core-line tequila in 25 years.
Ezra Arthur Cash Fold
From the Gear Patrol Store: A better money clip that’ll help you carry a good amount of cash and stay slim and comfortable in your pocket. There are no metal parts, so it won’t cut through your clothes like most conventional money clips. Easily holds up to 30 bills and pairs very well with our No. 2 Card Wallet for everyday carry.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a Raleigh electric bike, magazines, and The North Face quarter-zip fleece.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Eight of America’s best motorcycle roads are all in South Dakota.
• Upgrade your kitchen with some affordable, colorful Scandinavian plateware.
• This thru-hiking backpacking kit is among the lightest you’ll ever find.
• Love Patagonia? Love vintage? Get this ultra-rare fleece jacket before it’s gone.
• Tomorrow, every U.S. National Park is offering free admission.
• The J.W. Hulme Woolrich Collection is proof that plaid and leather go together like bread and butter.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
… Beats a Cubicle?
Follow Gear Patrol On Instagram:
Lots to Like
A post shared by Gear Patrol (@gearpatrol) on