Chances are good that unless you have an extremely close relationship with your local AD (authorized dealer), you didn’t have a chance to nab the new Rolex GMT Master II 126710BLRO at MSRP; almost as soon as the watch launched, the watch-buying public seemed to collectively lose their s*@% at the realization that Rolex was finally putting out a new Pepsi-bezel GMT model in steel. While list price is $9250, these watches are already selling on the secondary market for close to $20k, making an already not-inexpensive watch – how shall we say?- less not-inexpensive.
StockX, the “world’s first stock market for stuff,” is a live bid/ask marketplace for sneakers, streetwear, handbags, and now, for watches, in which you place bids for an item and as soon as an ask meets your bid, the transaction happens automatically. Right now the good folks at StockX are giving one bidder the chance to obtain the new 2018 GMT Master II at MSRP, which has become exceedingly difficult since the watch’s release, as many ADs only receive a limited quality (or one!) watch at a time for sale (we should note that this example is pre-owned, as StockX is a marketplace and not a Rolex AD). Here’s are the rules from StockX:
StockX will be offering one Bidder the opportunity to buy the Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLRO watch. Bidding will be open from July 26th – 29th, after which StockX will select one bidder to purchase the watch for $9,250. You will not be charged for bidding. Only the selected winner will be charged.
How To Enter:
1. Create an account with StockX on your desktop or mobile device. If you’re going mobile, find the StockX app in the iOS or Google Play store. If you already have an account, make sure your app is updated and jump to step 2.
2. Beginning July 26th, Place a $9,250 Bid on the Rolex GMT-Master II 126710BLRO ReStockX. You won’t be charged unless you win.
3. Earn a bonus entry every time you refer a new friend who also places a bid to win!
4. Full sweepstake’s rules here.
5. Follow us on Instagram right here.
Note: Purchasing products through our links may earn us a portion of the sale, which supports our editorial team’s mission. Learn more here.