Outside of Japan, Merz B. Schwanen is the only brand using the infamous loopwheel knitting machine. With it, t-shirts and sweatshirts are cranked out at a snail’s pace, tediously but meticulously crafted with unrivaled density and softness while ridding the garment of its side seams. Merz B. Schawnen has taken this rarified machinery to the next level, utilizing them to loopwheel a 100-percent merino wool t-shirt — the first of its kind.
The merino wool itself is mulesing-free and comes from Tasmanian sheep that have been bred responsibly over 180 years. Generations of breeding in combination with the region’s mild climate has led to wool fibers with extreme tear-resistance and uniformity. The rarity and quality of these fibers, in conjunction with loopwheeled construction, all but justify the tee’s $165 price tag.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $168 on the Penfield Schoening Fleece Jacket
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $54 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/16/19
The best way to catch up on the day’s most important product releases and stories. Read the Story