Update: Sunday, July 11th will be the last day we’ll accept applications. Good luck to all those that applied and look forward to hearing from us with next steps.
Gear Patrol is looking to inject our editorial and gear-obsessiveness with some fresh
blood perspective. If you’ve got the chops to discover, curate, and review the best gear out there then drop us a line. We should talk. Same goes for those of you who know the perfect person to send this along to. Also, for all those that have recently applied, here’s your chance to prove your mettle.
Hit the jump to find out how.
Who We Need
- Gear Curator
- Daily Contributors
- Features Writer
- Video Production Intern (Los Angeles only)
- Beer/Spirits Correspondent
- Social Media Intern (New York only)
What We Look For
Regardless of what your apply for, we look for candidates who are first and foremost gear heads. But, with passion comes responsibility. You must be dedicated to meeting strict deadlines, ability to adhere to logistics of doing hands-on reviews of gear/product (requesting, receiving, reviewing, returning), solid understanding of photography/photo editing and video (not a must, but a huge plus), ability to write succinctly, and of course the relentless pursuit of finding and sharing awesome, gear.
How To Apply
For all positions: send an email to jobs @ gearpatrol . com with the following:
- “[your name] – GP Crew” in the subject line.
- 100 words on why you’re the man, or woman, or beast for the job.
- Three 100-125 word posts that we haven’t previously covered (e.g. product, advice, resource) with images.
- Links to your 3 favorite posts on GP.
- Links to a 2 of your favorite sites and a few words explaining why.
- Something that’ll surprise us. We like surprises. No bags of flaming shit, please.
- Link(s) to something you’ve recently published, if possible.
Please send everything via email. If you’ve got video/photo samples, please provide links for those as well. Once we’ve receive your application and are thoroughly stunned by your work (in a good way), we’ll contact you and be in touch with details, next steps, and perks. Happy hunting.