About This Role:
Gear Patrol is seeking an ambitious and self-motivated Business Development Manager to join our expanding Sales Team.
As a member of the Sales Team, you will involve generating sales opportunities through proactive and strategic prospecting. This role will be responsible for qualifying & developing inbound and outbound leads, with a primary focus on our direct response business.
Serving as the first point of contact with prospective partners, the ideal candidate must be a great listener and an expert communicator. They are driven, critical thinkers, and they thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate will report directly to the Director of Business Development while working closely with other team leaders across Sales, Revenue Operations, and Gear Patrol Studios.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound prospecting using account research, cold calls and emails.
- Manage a prospecting account list; make prospecting part of the regular routine to ensure that new prospects/opportunities are being added to the pipeline on a consistent basis.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development to build and grow sales pipeline including initiating and scheduling meetings with qualified prospects.
- Own and drive full cycle sales on a continual basis by bringing in new accounts and maintaining existing relationships to achieve and exceed quarterly revenue targets.
- Work cross-functionally with the rest of the Sales and Operations teams as clients are advancing through the sales funnel.
- Provide prompt phone/email follow up to all inbound inquiries and properly document and track activity.
- Effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Effectively prepare for, conceptualize and deliver online, phone and in-person sales presentations.
- Complete accurate tracking of communication with current and potential customers in CRM.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to interpret and develop media plans based on campaign KPIs and sales strategy.
- Provide excellent customer service and build strong account relationships.
- 2-3 years of experience in digital media, agency or publishing environment (sales or account management is a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- A keen ability to see opportunities, understand needs, create solutions, set proper expectations and close deals.
- Must possess strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to work across internal departments.
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite products, and is experienced using research and marketing to craft and deliver unique proposals/presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines.
- Candidates for the position should understand advertising and marketing, including native and branded content solutions, along with a passion for print and digital media.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive base salary
- Career growth & earnings aligned with your performance and desire to achieve
- Healthcare plans are fully paid for by Gear Patrol for the primary individual
- Generous PTO package
- Generous paid parental leave
- Charitable gift matching
Please send your resume, LinkedIn profile link, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: “Business Development Manager”. In your email, please also include:
- A brief introduction of yourself and why you believe you’re a fit for our team.
- Links/examples of past work or example case studies of successes
About Gear Patrol
Founded in 2007, Gear Patrol is an award-winning print and digital publication, store and content studio based in New York City. We believe that the things we create and own, as well as the habits that surround them, play a crucial role in our global culture. Products, in short, are culture. From the Model T to the iPhone, and anything before or since, products hold the power to revolutionize the way we work, relax, communicate, travel, look, learn and more.
That’s why we’re focused on something we call Product Journalism a.k.a. #ProJo. Our mission is simple. We are a team of creators, users, and enthusiasts, hell-bent on building the definitive resource for discovering products and exploring the stories that surround them. Our goals are not limited to specific platforms or mediums. We know that making essential experiences for product lovers requires leveraging the best that digital, print and social platforms all have to offer.
We hold our core values of teamwork, transparency, integrity, accountability, selflessness, and creativity above all else, and base our culture around them. Our work ethic is defined by vigor, speed, quality, and flexibility. We welcome challenges as an opportunity to reach new heights and never forget that our biggest strength is our people.
Gear Patrol is a place where amazing work happens, and the more you put in here, the more you’ll get out.
Gear Patrol strives to be a diverse and inclusive company. We firmly believe that different voices, experiences and points of view are an essential component of our current and future success. We welcome and encourage people from all walks of life to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s gender, age, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetics or any other personal characteristics protected by law.