The Gear Patrol Podcast is our weekly roundtable discussion focused on products, their stories, and the culture surrounding them.
A new report from Ford says that most customers buying its new electric Lighting F-150 will be first-time EV buyers–we'll discuss whether or not we've reached the EV inflection point. Then, Martian ketchup and the urgent need for a more resilient coffee bean variety... did you know that your favorite drinkable drug is in danger and that Heinz is prepping for space-based farming? Then, Netflix Games comes to mobile Apple devices. What is Netflix Games, and will real gamers be interested in the service? Lastly, we each share products on our individual radars at the moment.
03:06 – Ford F-150 Lightning: Are We Long-Last at an "EV Inflection Point"?
17:13 – The Coffee Bean Crisis: Why Cups of Joe Could Cost $20 Soon
37:08 – Netflix Games: Will Hardcore Gamers Go For It?
Featured and Related:
- Today In Gear – Gear Patrol
- Subscribe to the Gear Patrol Dispatch and Never Miss a Story
- Tudor's Pelagos FXD Marine Nationale ($3,900)
- Jack Daniel's Coy Hill High Proof
- ZipCharge EV Power Bank
- Consumer Reports Survey Shows Strong Interest in Electric Cars – Consumer Reports
- Most Ford F-150 Lightning Customers Will Be New To The Brand And EVs – CarScoops
- International Survey Measures Consumers’ EV Concerns – Wards Auto
- Today’s electric vehicle market: Slow growth in U.S., faster in China, Europe – Pew
- Driving toward an electric future – Business North
- New Research Shows Wireless Charging Could Accelerate Wide Scale Adoption of Electric Vehicles – Valdosta Daily Times
- Coffee as we know it is in danger. Can we breed a better cup? – Vox
- Rare Wild Coffee Species Has Arabica-Like Flavor, Greater Tolerance to Higher Temperatures – Sci News
- Heinz debuts 'Marz' Edition ketchup made with tomatoes grown in Mars conditions – Space
- New Heinz Marz Edition ketchup has implications that go far beyond flavor – CNN
- Here's why there's a coffee shortage around the world right now – Tom's Guide
- Your Coffee Is Getting More Expensive Due to Bad Weather in Brazil (video) – WSJ
- Why Brazil's Severe Weather May Lead to a Price Increase at Your Local Starbucks – Market Realist
- Climate change will impact food crops by end of the decade, NASA says – Space
- Arabica-like flavour in a heat-tolerant wild coffee species – Nature
- Global Climate Change Impact on Crops Expected Within 10 Years, NASA Study Finds – NASA
- Crops have a “drought memory” that prepares them for tough times – earth.com
- Netflix Games is available on your iPhone and iPad – The Verge
- All the news about Netflix’s gaming efforts – The Verge
- Let the Games Begin: A New Way to Experience Entertainment on Mobile – Netflix
- Fights, camera, action: the beginner's guide to streaming video games – The Guardian
- Twitch and Beyond: The Best Video Game Live Streaming Services for 2021 – PC Mag
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, our website, or wherever else you get your podcasts. Reach out at email@example.com.