• Instant Gratification: Amazon is opening a handful of new brick-and-mortar shops called “Instant Pickup” points, where shoppers can retrieve Amazon Prime products that they ordered online just minutes before. The service aims to make Amazon Prime more ubiquitous, convenient and inexpensive, as well as encourage the sale of certain Prime items that have typically floundered, like snacks and groceries.
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
True Americana Home Decor
Oxford Pennant Custom Pennants and Banners: Handcrafted felt pennants and champion banners, made for discerning adults. (Not dormitory-bound college kids.)
Related: A New Spin on Vintage Wooden Decor
Now You Can Sling Your Camp Hammock Anywhere
ENO Nomad Hammock Stand: Because you can’t always find two perfect trees.
Related: The Perfect Adventure Hammock
Premium Dress Shoes at Non-Premium Prices
Beckett Simonon Valencia Oxford: Each whole-cut shoe is handcrafted by a master artisan in Portugal from a single piece of full-grain Argentine leather. Preorder now for $100 off the list price and free U.S. shipping. — Caitlyn Shaw, Social Media Coordinator
Related: How to Buy $1,000 Dress Shoes, for Less Than Half the Price
Go Ahead and Wear This Fitness Smartwatch with Your Suit
Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR: All the high-performance fitness tracking and smartwatch functions you’d expect from a Suunto, in slick, luxe colorways.
Related: Not Sold on Smartwatches? This Is the Smart Timepiece for You
Olive Green Is the New Black
DSPTCH Moss Colorway Collection: A capable and stylish addition to your commuter arsenal.
Related: 23 Great Backpacks for Every Occasion
An Italian-Made Rolling Home
Fiat Ducato 4×4 Expedition Camper: Fiat is making a big splash in the crowded public pool that is #vanlife.
Related: A Camper and Truck Combo That Can Tackle Any Trail
Gear Patrol Field Guide: American Craft Beer
From the Gear Patrol Store: Introducing your favorite new printed thing. What ever happened to the humble field guide — that thumb-able, spiral-bound companion we kept nearby as a quick go-to resource for our latest obsession? Ah yes, Google. We’re not here to refute the speed of a search engine, but damn if we don’t love a great thing to hold and reference. That said, we’re pleased to introduce you to our latest creation, Gear Patrol Field Guides.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on Hydro Flask bundles, Adidas activewear and a Café Du Cycliste jersey.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• For one month, our co-founder ditched his laptop and used only an iPad Pro. Here’s what he learned.
• Headed back to school? Don’t forget to pack these essential gadgets for students.
• Eddie Bauer’s new jacket achieves the Holy Grail of down insulation technology.
• Looking for a new fall coat? Consider this vintage army jacket.
• Byredo’s new luxe no-rinse soap costs $30 — ridiculous, yes. But the scent is hard to resist.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Follow Gear Patrol on Instagram:
Lots to Like