Just here for discounts? Save 50 percent on Wüsthof’s 8-Inch Chef’s Knife on Ebay right now.
There are three types of chef’s knives.
First, there’s the value knife, typically made of hardwearing, easy-to-dull stainless steel, that goes for $30 to $45 (think Victorinox’s Fibrox knife). The second comes in just under $100; the steel here keeps an edge longer, but it isn’t forged and, thus, it’s susceptible to chipping. But you’ll typically have to spend upward of $150 for a forged chef’s knife, something like Wüsthof’s Classic 8-Inch Chef’s Knife — a wide bevel knife designed in a classically German style.
The Wüsthof Classic is made of a stainless steel composite containing more carbon than is normal for a stainless blade, granting it some of the attributes associated with carbon steel knives (like markedly easier sharpening).
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $110 on Technivorm Moccamaster CDG Coffee Maker
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $55 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/18/19
Deals, discounts and drops on products you actually care about and want. Curated by the Gear Patrol Editors. Start Saving
Note: Purchasing products through our links may earn us a portion of the sale, which supports our editorial team’s mission. Learn more here.