Among the list of cardigan-clad icons, Kurt Cobain unarguably sits near the top. His mastery of thrifted style continues to ripple through the fashion landscape, especially with the resurgence of ’90s style. There is one cardigan in particular that stands out and it’s the one from Nirvana’s infamous MTV Unplugged session in 1993. Now it’s up for auction.
Left in its original, unwashed state, the fuzzy drab-green cardigan is a blend of acrylic, mohair and Lycra and is riddled with grungy details like a cigarette burn, a missing button, and stains near the pockets and at the neck. The coveted cardigan first went to auction back in 2015 and sold for $137,500 smashing the original $60,000 estimate. The sweater makes its way back to the auction block on October 25 with a pre-auction opening bid of $200,000. Julien’s Auctions expects the piece to sell for about twice that amount.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $55 on an Au Sabot Le Thiers Knife
• Save $55 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/17/19
John F. Kennedy’s personal Hawaiian shirt is up for auction. From the estate of long-time Kennedy financial advisor Thomas J. Walsh, the shirt is made by Hale Hawaii and is estimated to sell for between $15,000 and $20,000. Read the Story