This limited edition watch is both audacious and angular. Created as a dedication to Dizzy Gillespie, the co-founder of bebop and modern jazz, it’s a watch that’s most definitely unique in design. It has a rectangular case based on the Oris Junior of 1970, improvised numerals, plaid-patterned dial, and smooth black gaucho leather strap. The watch is limited to 1917 units – the year of Dizzy’s birth.
- Case: multi-piece stainless steel case
- Dial: brown dial
- Strap/Bracelet: black leather strap, stainless steel buckle
- Movement: Automatic winding date
- Luminous Material: Hands Superluminova C3
- Water Resistance: 5 bar (50 m, 165 ft)
- Extras: Special box, Dizzy Gillespie very best of CD, limited to 1917
What this means to you: Modern jazz is an essential part of US culture. Give it your own recognition and those of others with this watch.
Cost: $1,121 @ Amazon