Seiko’s legendary collabs with Giugiaro Design have led to some of the funkiest watches the brand has ever produced, and that’s saying something when you’re talking about Seiko. The Japanese watchmaker is celebrating this tradition and the popularity of these models with a sporty quartz chronograph watch based on a reference from 1996 called Macchina Sportiva, Italian for “sports car.”
With a 43mm case and a blue bezel that’s wide and notched at 3 and 9 o’clock, the new chronograph has a retro-futuristic feel (in a very ’90s way). Giorgetto Giugiaro and his Italdesign company are known for some bold and offbeat watch designs, many of which are even asymmetrical, and often have a motorsport theme — as he’s best known for automotive design. This edition has been created especially for Macy’s and it’s got a blue dial with bright orange highlights.
Water-resistant to 100m and with handy features such as an alarm, the Seiko x Giugiaro Design Macchina Sportiva Chronograph watch comes on a silicon strap and is available directly from Macy’s for a price of $450.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $88 on Bonavita’s Elite Drip Coffee Brewer
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $54 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/15/19
All-black with Japanese fashion brand Mastermind’s skull-and-crossbones logo on the dial, this is one badass and high-end Seiko Astron watch. Read the Story