The Gear Patrol Podcast is our weekly roundtable discussion focused on products, their stories, and the culture surrounding them.
We begin with a discussion of the all-new, all-electric Ford F-150 Lightning pickup. Judging by the numbers, there's no doubt that the Lightning is already a hit–but is its success a phenomenon or was it inevitable? Then, we announce the new Gear Patrol Library of Pursuits, a series of newsletter-based courses that are all but guaranteed to improve your life thanks to a boatload of expert advice. It's a perfect pursuit for the new year.
Lastly, the New Year and… you! We asked our Instagram followers to submit their 2022 product resolutions: the gear goals you hope to achieve this year, whether that means upgrading, checking something off your grail list, a new purchasing behavior… sky's the limit. Spoiler alert: we had a lot of great responses, so don't miss out on our reactions and advice for everyone who wrote in.
03:04 – Was the Ford F-150 Lightning's Success Inevitable?
24:18 – Introducing: The Gear Patrol Library of Pursuits
37:21 – Reader and Follower Gear Goals for 2022
Featured and Related:
- Ford's F-150 Lightning Electric Truck Is Shaping Up to Be Insanely Successful – Gear Patrol
- 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Markups Surprising Some Reservation Holders – Ford Authority
- Meet the All-New, All-Electric 2024 Chevrolet Silverado EV – Gear Patrol
- The Four Biggest Myths of the US Economy - Plain English with Derek Thompson – The Ringer
- Tesla Removes 2022 Cybertruck Production Date From Its Site – The Drive
- Four Fitness Myths You Should Avoid in 2022 – Gear Patrol
- Library of Pursuits: Sign up for GP Email Courses – Gear Patrol
- 5 Haircare Resolutions to Make in 2022 – Gear Patrol
- 5 Tech Resolutions to Tackle in 2022 – Gear Patrol
- 10 Watches We Hope to See in 2022 – Gear Patrol