Good morning. Ever wonder what a 106-year-old film of New York City would look like? Our home base is depicted in a rather vivid black and white in the Museum of Modern Art’s documentary travelogue entitle “New York 1911.” One major takeaway: a lot more hats.
• Here’s yesterday’s gear news in case you missed out.
• Want this briefing and other Gear Patrol stories via email? Subscribe to the Gear Patrol Dispatch. This week only: anyone who subscribes or is already subscribed will be entered for a chance to win $100 to the GP store. We’ll announce the winner on Friday, June 30th.
What’s New, Now
The Brown Buffalo Bag Collection
Former Burton bag designer Douglas Davidson’s new collection features what the company calls Stormproof fabric. From small totes to large duffels, the whole line is simple in aesthetic yet tough and thoughtful.
Soarigami Airplane Portable Armrest Extender/Divider
As if flying coach (Coach? What’s “coach?”) with strangers isn’t bad enough, you also sometimes have to contend with… their bare forearms. Or, rather, you did. Now you don’t. But you might look a little crazy.
This New Book Is a Time Machine to Mid-Century Modernism
Proof that past utopian ideals have shaped the present day.
Heimplanet x Helinox Chair One
An awesome camping chair, now with Heimplanet’s signature Cairo Camo look. The chair weighs only 890 grams, making it the ideal choice for any pack adventure.
The 5 Best Sega Classic Games to Play on Your iPhone Now
Let’s hope they add Earthworm Jim and
Limited-Edition Marc Newson-Design Hennessey Bottle
Design tweaks to the signature X.O bottle are apparent, and it even comes in a special gift box. The perfect bottle to set alongside your surprisingly inexpensive favorite new whiskeys.
Ezra Arthur Straight Razor
From the Gear Patrol Store: Carbon steel, high-density carbon fiber uni plate, Horween leather, solid brass: the materials alone in this gorgeous straight razor are a reason aplenty to have a look.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on REI sunglasses, a FitBit Alta fitness tracker and Eagle Creek packing cubes.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• The $2 Million Cirrus Vision Private Jet Is Unlike Any Other in the Sky
• Mid-Century Furniture Hype Nearly Drove Brazilian Rosewood to Extinction
• 8 Lightweight Madras Shirts for Summer
• 5 Reasons to Ditch Your Tent and Get a Rooftop One Instead
• Arc’teryx Just Created the Best Way to Hydrate on the Run
• Traveling to London this Summer? Stay Here
Note: Stories published on Gear Patrol may contain links to buy products sold in our curated store as well as by third party retail destinations. Items purchased through the GP store help directly support editorial initiatives. In some cases, we may also receive a small commission for the online customers we refer to external retailers. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Jackie Chan is Very Upset with Pierce Brosnan
Follow Gear Patrol On Instagram:
Lots to Like