• BUY! BUY! BUY! Bitcoin reached its highest ever valuation yesterday ($3,402), reflecting investors’ growing confidence in cryptocurrency. The record high is attributed to the company’s split with Bitcash, a once promising but now failing offshoot of Bitcoin. If you haven’t already, now might be the time to finally invest. Here’s how to do it on your iPhone.
• YOU MISSED IT: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• MORE GEAR: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Only YOU Can Prevent Poor Style Choices
Filson X U.S. Forest Service Collection: You really can’t go wrong with U.S. Forest Sevice and Smokey Bear collaborations. Especially when it’s with Filson.
Related Post: How to Get Your Hands on a Vintage Filson Bag
Don’t Drink 7 Glasses Per Day (You Might Die)
Black Insomnia Coffee Black Hydro Workout Drink: The world’s strongest coffee, now in mineral water form. The “most refreshing caffeinated kick in the face you’ve ever experienced,” as Black Insomnia describes it.
A Goldilocks-Zone City-to-Mountain Brand
Alchemy Equipment Laminated Wool Jacket: The “city to mountain” trend is on the up and up. Alchemy Equipment is one of those rare brands that are doing it well. (Probably because they’re based in New Zealand.)
Related Post: 24 Jackets and Coats for Every Type of Weather
Prints of Your Favorite Classic and Bespoke Cars, for Only $5
10and2 Car Prints: Only five bucks a pop. Might as well buy ’em in bulk.
Related Post: How to Properly Print Your Photographs
Print Ain’t Dead
Fare Issue 1: We pay attention to great independent print magazines. (Represent!) Fare’s first issue, a travelogue in the purest sense of the word, holds a lot of promise.
Related Post: The Magazine: Issue Four
Trail-Ready Sandals for Some, City-Ready Style Pieces for Others
Snow Peak x Teva Sandals: Are they ugly? Yes, there’s no denying that. But they’re also iconic, and now they’ve got the full-on lifestyle treatment.
Shinola Runwell Turntable
From the Gear Patrol Store: The Runwell Turntable, designed inside and out for the discriminating audiophile and easy to use by any music enthusiast, features a built-in phono preamplifier and a belt-driven pulley with speeds of 33 1/3 rpm and 45rpm.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a Bluetooth speaker from Anker, a Topo Designs pack and an Oliberte sale.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• We’re in a golden age of sports cars. Seize it.
• How to play Xbox One games on your laptop.
• There’s a time and place for sweatpants. Strike a perfect balance with these elevated drawstring pants.
• This stunning safari lodge in Kenya was just crowned the best adventure hotel in the world.
• Jewelry isn’t the only thing Tiffany & Co. does well; the company just released two gorgeous all-black watches.
• Apple is now on Instagram. They’re about seven years late to the party, but better late than never.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
“Bend the knee…or refuse and die.”
Follow Gear Patrol On Instagram:
Lots to Like