• Join the Club: Amazon’s recent acquisition of Whole Foods is beginning to bear fruit — for Amazon Prime members, at least. If you subscribe to Prime, you will get special discounts at Whole Foods, both in-store and online. Amazon’s purchase of Whole Foods for $13.7 billion will be set in stone this coming Monday; Whole Foods discounts are expected to take effect soon after.
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• Announcement: Tune in on Facebook Live today at 12 p.m. EST for our weekly gear video. We’ll be showing off a crazy rugged coffee machine and a new Trek bicycle.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
TaylorMade P790 Irons
TaylorMade’s “most playable” forged irons ever are injected with a special foam designed to increase distance and decrease sound.
Nikon D850 Camera Body
An impressive evolutionary step up from the D810.
Clarks Nature V Boot
The latest gorgeous thing to come out of Clarks’ creative renaissance.
Seiko Fieldmaster Lowercase
Part dive watch, part field watch. Available exclusively at Seiko Japan and Freemans Sporting Club.
Chipolo Ultra Thin Wallet Tracker Card
Slip this into your wallet just like a credit card, and never lose your wallet again.
Beer made with Northern California’s finest cannabis. No, it won’t get you high, but it probably will activate parts of your taste buds you didn’t know existed. For now, it’s available only at select bars in California.
Brilliant Bicycle Co. Exclusive L Train Commuter
From the Gear Patrol Store: The time to take back your commute is now. If you’re one of the 250,000 Brooklyn residents directly affected by the 15-month shut down of New York’s L train subway line, Brilliant Bicycle Co.’s new L train bike is specifically tailored to help.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a sporty Apple Watch band, a Patagonia fleece and a minimalist Nixon watch.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Jonathan Ward is the mad genius behind those crazy Icon resto-mods. He just made a watch, and it’s unsurprisingly gorgeous.
• We’ve got a few great back-to-school essentials in the Gear Patrol Store.
• These pretty trail running shoes are an endorsement for America’s public lands.
• We combed eBay and filtered out five of the best vintage steel bikes available now.
• Hyperlite Mountain Gear just released its first-ever Dyneema shell jacket.
• Photo highlights from Monterey Car Week, one of America’s great vintage car gatherings.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Follow Gear Patrol on Instagram:
Lots to Like