• PSA: Beginning tomorrow, Today in Gear, your daily product news briefing, will no longer publish in the morning. Instead, it will publish in the late afternoon to coincide with the Gear Patrol Dispatch, our daily email newsletter. Comments? Suggestions? Send ’em over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You Missed It: Here’s last week’s gear news.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Amazon Fire HD 10 with Alexa
Amazon’s newest Fire HD tablet is twice as big and twice as powerful as the previous model, yet somehow $80 cheaper. Boom.
House of Future Original High Top Sneakers
Canvas is for high-top sneakers. Leather is for gentlemanly footwear.
Kinto Oct Coffeeware
The oct stands for octagon. (Obviously.) Design lovers and coffee snobs, take note.
Orange Work Expedition Vehicle
You know who should take a G-Wagen and convert it into an adventure vehicle motorhome, then paint it shock yellow? Germans. Only Germans.
Maapilim Shower Essentials
This brand out of Tel Aviv just arrived in America — check out the unique ingredients and scents in their shower line, then move on to shaving and hair products.
Aztech Mountain Loge Peak Quilted Shirt
A steep price for peak warmth on a steep mountain slope — triangle quilting and a collar that transforms into a turtleneck will keep you warm and cozy all season long.
Dom Vetro F-36 Vintage Tortoise
From the Gear Patrol Store: The F-36 frames are new to Dom Vetro’s line, drawing inspiration from road racers of the past. As with all Dom Vetro glasses, they’re handcrafted by Maestri in the Italian Alps using quality materials. In the case of the F-36, that means premium Italian acetate and anti-reflective, tinted flat crystal.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a Golden Bear vest, a Primus stove and Converse footwear.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Here’s how to make homemade pizza dough, the ultimate culinary blank canvas.
• Before you call yourself a poker master, learn how to shuffle poker chips like one.
• Indian and Harley, two of the most American motorcycle brands in history, have very different ideas of American performance.
• Not sold on smart bulbs? Check out the LIFX Mini. You just might become a believer.
• From the depths of the internet, we hauled up three rare, vintage 24-hour watches just for you.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
The Keeper of the Last Scanimate
Follow Gear Patrol on Instagram:
Lots to Like