It may have only been on sale for a few months, but that’s enough time for us to figure out that Jeep Gladiator buyers have been outfitting their trucks for adventure: the average transaction price has been approaching $60,000. But the most badass edition of the new Jeep Gladiator seen yet may not be available for civilian use at all — at any price.
Jeep is partnering with AM General, the company that made the Humvee, on the Jeep Gladiator Extreme Military-Grade Truck, also called the “XMT.” The light tactical concept vehicle will be displayed this week at AUSA, the Annual Meeting and Exposition of the Association of the U.S. Army.
AM General’s official press release is short on specifics, but the company promises this version of the Gladiator will offer “unmatched functionality, versatility, and especially capability.” It will have two advanced four-wheel-drive systems, locking differentials, skid plates, tow hooks and “incredible approach, breakover and departure angles.”
The Gladiator XMT is currently in the concept stage. But, if there is enough military interest, AM General and Jeep could begin production by late 2020. The XMT could be available in both gasoline- and diesel-powered versions.
There’s no mention of a civilian XMT version of the Gladiator in the works — at least, not anytime soon. Well, at least enthusiasts can still mod their Gladiators into all-in-one overlanding rigs.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save 74% on These Cole Haan Leather Weekend Bags
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
• Save $88 on Bonavita’s Elite Drip Coffee Brewer
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $58 on These Military-Grade M-65 Jackets
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save $20 on Adidas Originals Stan Smith Sneakers
Deals Last Updated: 10/14/19
The best way to catch up on the day’s most important product releases and stories. Read the Story