Every product is carefully selected by our editors. If you buy from a link, we may earn a commission.
Everyone Should Own a Solid White T-Shirt
White tees are an indispensable part of a man's wardrobe. These are the ones we trust.
It's impossible to overstate the impact of the plain white T-shirt. Donned by silver screen demigods like Marlon Brando, Steve McQueen, and James Dean, referenced by rap artists like Dem Franchise Boyz, Travis Scott, and J. Cole, and worn by seemingly everyone at least once, the white tee is ingrained not only in popular culture but our psyches, too.
It's as Americana as it is metropolitan, unique as it utilitarian, and everything adjective in-between. Versatility has gotten the white tee far; perfect as a top layer under the scorching sun or a jack-of-all-trades underneath another garment, there's nothing it can't work with — and well, for that matter. As such, toiling over the intricacies of different brand's versions may seem counterintuitive. It's just a white T-shirt, right? Wrong! Fit, feel, and, of course, affordability are important considerations.
How to Keep Your White Tee White
- Avoid deodorants with aluminum in them
- Always wash your neck
- Pre-treat before you wash the shirt
- Separate your white tees from the rest of your collection
- Be careful with the bleach
- Using a brightening detergent
- Always use hot water
- Try drying your clothes outside
The Best White T-shirts for Men
Fortunately for you, we've weighed the options, of which are there millions, and rounded up a list of our favorites — from the $15 budget buy to the $65 splurge.
- The Best Overall White T-shirt: Kotn Essential Crew
- The Best Upgrade White T-shirt: Velva Sheen Regular Tee
- The Best Affordable White T-shirt: Uniqlo U Crew T-shirt