Tired of playing hearing the same music on your Xbox One games over and over again? Microsoft announced last week that the Spotify app is now available on Xbox One, and you can listen to any music you want on the service instead of your games’ typical background music. And it’s super easy to set up.
- Download the Spotify app on your Xbox One from the Xbox Store.
- Log in to your Spotify account (or sign up for one)
- Play music.
You can also control Spotify without having to pause the game you’re playing.
- Open the Spotify app on your smartphone, laptop or tablet.
- While playing a song, select “Devices Available.” (This is the same screen you’d normally connect to a wi-fi or Bluetooth speaker.)
- Select your Xbox One as the device.
According to Microsoft, “You can choose from your saved music, search the full Spotify catalog of 30 million tracks, or browse the pre-curated gaming playlists in the ‘Gaming’ hub.'” Put your go-to pump-up tracks to use.