• The Rumors Are Over: The iPhone 8 will be officially unveiled on Sept. 12, according to a Dow Jones report. Along with the big reveal, Apple is expected to announce several other products, including a new Apple Watch, a 4K-enabled Apple TV and new iterations of the iPhone 7. Rumors suggest the iPhone 8 will have a bezel-less display, facial recognition technology and no Home button; the rumored retail price is around $1,000.
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Conker Cold Brew Coffee Liqueur
Proper black coffee is strong and bitter. Proper cold brew, however, is not. And cold brew’s smooth taste is much harder to translate into a liqueur than its bitter, acidic sibling. But after testing 90 recipes, Conker appears to have nailed it.
Western Rise Liberated Hemp Band-Collar Shirt
Hemp is on the rise. So are band collars. Here, the two come together to form an elegant lightweight shirt, perfect for transitioning from summer to autumn.
Hummingbird Bike Company Ultra-Light Folding Bike
After a wildly successful Kickstarter campaign, the “world’s lightest folding bike” is finally going into production. It weighs just 15 pounds.
Edgevale North Coast Shirt Jacket
Edgevale’s hallmark garment is back. This time around, it’s updated with a slimmer fit and a modern, tonal placard. Until Wednesday, you can get it for a special preorder sale price.
Giro Empire E70 Knit Cycling Shoe
The first cycling shoe with an engineered knit upper. Sold out for now, but hopefully not for long.
2018 Harley-Davidson Softail Fat Bob
Can’t teach an old dog new tricks? Bullshit. Harley-Davidson is one of the oldest dogs around, yet year after year, they have proven that they can, and will, produce forward-thinking, exciting, unabashedly youthful bikes. The 2019 Softail Fat Bob proves it.
Gear Patrol Patch Set
From the Gear Patrol Store: If you love a piece of gear enough to customize it with patches, you’re our kind of people. We designed this first trio of patches to emblazon your gear with the Spirit of Adventure.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on a Mountain Hardwear backpack, Uniqlo jeans and a Kaufmann Mercantile knife set.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• Nine epic overland vehicles we spotted at the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival.
• How to shoot better wedding photos, according to one of the best in the game.
• Now’s your chance to score Outdoor Voices’ handsome gym wear for uncommonly low prices.
• For all other gym essentials, start with the ultimate gym bag.
• The Apple Watch finally has a worthy competitor: the Fitbit Ionic.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Follow Gear Patrol on Instagram:
Lots to Like