• iOS 11: The latest Apple software, iOS 11, releases today. There are lots of cool new features to play around with; here are some of the coolest.
• You Missed It: Here’s yesterday’s gear news.
• More Gear: To get this briefing, other Gear Patrol stories and exclusive offers directly to your inbox, subscribe to Gear Patrol’s daily or weekly newsletter.
What’s New, Now
Danner Explorer 650
An homage to the original 1979 Danner Light, arguably Danner’s most influential and most classic hiking boot design, the Explorer 650 once again raises the bar even further, adding new hiking boot technology from top to bottom. For maximum abrasion resistance, the Explorer 650 combines full-grain leather with nylon panels, both of which are fully waterproof and superbly breathable. It is a boot that yearns for the trail, just as its ancestor did, but loves a night out on the town just as much.
8Bitdo SN30 Universal Retro Game Controller
Got a flashy new Nintendo Switch, but yearn for the true Nintendo experience? Look no further.
The first backpack from ARKTYPE, a brand known for its premium EDC keychains.
C by GE Sol Alexa-Enabled Lamp
Imagine if an Amazon Echo turned silver and sprouted a luminescent halo. That is the C by GE Sol.
A. Lange Sohn Deep-Blue Lange 1
A. Lange & Söhne’s most iconic watch, now with a manually wound calibre and a jumping outsize date.
The One Piano Hi-Lite
Turn any standard 88-key piano into a “smart” piano, capable of clever digitally enhanced lessons, sheet music play-alongs, games and more.
877 Workshop × Gear Patrol Leather Keychain
From the Gear Patrol Store: We partnered with Berlin-based 877 Workshop to handcraft a keychain to hold your possessions stylishly and securely.
Deals of Note
Great Products, Great Prices
How to save on CDLP underwear, an Arc’teryx jacket and GU energy gel.
What’s New from GP
Read Up on Our Latest
• The Guide to Life 2017 begins this week. Put your learning caps on.
• Okay, you have a gorgeous watch. But what’s the best way to show it off on Instagram?
• Looking to become a bona fide audiophile? First, learn how to shop like one.
• With this unique workout, turn any hotel room into your personal gym.
• Target’s new furniture collection is just like West Elm’s, but way cheaper.
Note: If you purchase a product through our links, we may receive a small portion of the sale, which supports Gear Patrol. So…don’t hold back. Learn more about our editorial policies related to commerce and affiliate sales here.
One Thing to Watch
Maybe Skip That Second Cup
Follow Gear Patrol on Instagram:
Lots to Like