As the weather starts to cool — especially in the early mornings and in the evenings — not many apparel items come in handier than a lightweight down jacket. Or something called a sweater that functions just like a jacket, such as this packable Patagonia piece. The sweater/jacket, or swacket, as we’ve decided to call it, weighs less than a pound but has much to offer.
The shell is 100 percent recycled ripstop fabric with a DWR finish and the down itself is sustainably sourced 800-fill, quilted for stability. The swacket also features zippered hand pockets and an interior chest pocket that doubles as a zippered stuff sack with a carabiner loop.
Such qualities make it the perfect item to stash away until you need it — especially when you can get it at 30 percent off. And right now you can do just that thanks to REI’s massive end of season sale. The Big Sur Blue/Fire Red colorway shown above is available in sizes S through XXL while supplies last.
MORE GREAT DEALS
• Save $160 on a Filson Duffel Bag
• Save $88 on Bonavita’s Elite Drip Coffee Brewer
• Save $70 on Master & Dynamic’s Wireless Earphones
• Save $69 on Patagonia’s Best Light Down Jacket
• Save $64 on Adidas Ultraboost 19 Sneakers
• Save $54 on Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
• Save $50 on the Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket
• Save 50% on This Affordable Automatic Pilot’s Watch
Deals Last Updated: 10/15/19
Deals, discounts and drops on products you actually care about and want. Curated by the Gear Patrol Editors. Start Saving
Note: Purchasing products through our links may earn us a portion of the sale, which supports our editorial team’s mission. Learn more here.