Every product is carefully selected by our editors. If you buy from a link, we may earn a commission.

The Summer’s Best Beach Towels

Quick-absorbing, super soft and stylish beach towels to toss in your tote for a day at the beach.

beach towels
Courtesy Minna Goods

Summer’s here, guys, and the top item on the tote-packing list needs to be a proper beach towel. This year, upgrade from the Costco special to something more distinctive, refined, adult. A traditional loop-back construction or Indian hand-loomed gets all the sand protection you’ll need, along with the proper aesthetic for your age group. Below, you can find our picks for the best towels of the season.

L.L.Bean Seaside Beach Towel

beach towels
Courtesy L.L. Bean

L.L.Bean's beach-friendly towel is a mid-weight towel made from 100 percent ring-spun cotton. It's plush, absorbent, and large enough for the beach, though still qualifies as a mid-weight towel, so you're not lugging a beach burden with you. Plus, L.L.Bean will let you add your own personal touch with a monogram.

Buy Now: $30

Turkish Towels Sultan Turkish Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Turkish Towels

Turkey is famous for its towels, so it's no surprise that they'd be on this list. Using long-staple Turkish cotton, these towels feature a traditional hand-loomed flat-weave construction that's absorbent and quick drying. Plus, because of the construction, they're lightweight and compact (that means more room in your beach tote for snacks).

Buy Now: $35

Utopia Towels Cabana Stripe Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Utopia Towels

These beach towels are one of the most popular on Amazon with an average rating of 4.3/5 stars. The high marks its earned are all thanks to the lightweight and super soft material which is made using 100 percent ring-spun cotton. They come in a range of classic colors in a summery cabana stripe pattern and they're light on the wallet with a four-pack costing as much as many single beach towels out there.

Buy Now: $44 (four-pack)

Patagonia Organic Cotton Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Patagonia

Patagonia's beach-ready towels are perfect aprés- et avant-surf thanks to its two-sided construction with one side built with moisture-absorbing terry loops and the other side featuring sand-shedding velour. It's made in India using all-organic cotton and comes in a range of colorways to suit your sandy style.

Buy Now: $49

Outerknown The Beach Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Outerknown

Outerknown's towel is not only beach-friendly, but eco-friendly, too. While 35 percent organic cotton is a good start, it's really the other 65 percent that gets major green points because it's made from waste fibers collected from weaving and knitting factories. That mindful blend of materials makes for a beach towel that's ultra soft and also big enough for two.

Buy Now: $58

Pendleton Tucson-Printed Terry Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Pendleton

Like many great beach towels on this list, Pendleton's two-faced velour-terry construction is ideal to take with you seaside. In fact, it's great for toting to the park or camping, too, thanks to its easy-carry handles.

Buy Now: $90

Minna Goods Honeydew Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Minna Goods

Made in a family-owned co-op using traditional cotton pedal looms, Minna Goods' Honeydew Towel has a ton of character. They're made with all-cotton and non-toxic dyes and are woven with flat-weave construction.

Buy Now: $98

Royal Jelly Harlem Beach Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Royal Jelly

Crafted in New York, these vivid towels come with trimmed with a traditional African print and use all-cotton terry cloth fabric that's ready to dry you off once you come in from the waves. At 60" x 70", it's twice as big as most of the other beach towels on this list, so there's plenty of room to lay out with a friend or two.

Buy Now: $110

Tekla Beach Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Tekla

Made in Portugal, Tekla's towels are as absorbent as they are comfortable. The 100 percent organic cotton is knit in Portugal and extra-brushed for a superior hand feel and maximum absorption.

Buy Now: 108

11.11 Harvest Towel

beach towels
Courtesy Harvest

The Harvest Towel from 11.11 is a textile-lovers dream beach towel. It's made in India by artisan textile weavers and uses hand spun Kala cotton, a cotton indigenous to the city of Kachchh which has an extremely low environmental impact as it uses no pesticides and is fed using just rain water. From there, the fabric is hand loomed and then painted by a kalamkari artisan using natural dyes. The 39" x 60" towel may seem more like textile art, but is certainly suited for beach-going activities.

Buy Now: ~$262

This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
More From Buying Guides